Saturday, June 19, 2004

WANTED: MINIONS

CURRENT SOUNDTRACK: JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR, HIGHLIGHTS LONDON CAST RECORDING, "HEAVEN ON THEIR MINDS"

Judas gets all the best lines.

Well, I had a plan to do stuff, and as usual went to the wayside within twenty minutes. Must have discipline.

Anyway, quick roundup. Today started with a nice surprise when a certain Mr Dave Sim wrote to us about our ACCENT UK/REDEYE stuff, encouraging and constructive. He's gave us permission to run the full letter in RE3, so you can check it out there. He also enclosed a copy of his own GUIDE TO SELF PUBLISHING, which I've always heard loads of but never managed to find. Dave has also give us permission to use extracts in the expanded 4th Edition of our Guide when we release it in November. Top stuff.

Met up with the the AUK lads at the mart in Manchester, handed out the tshirts, thinking might add them in as merchandise to the AUK site at some point (the tshirts that is, not the lads). Discussions on the next anthology (released in 2006!) after TWELVE...

Had to stop and make a checklist of stuff I've agreed to/involved in to draw by set dates. Up to now:

-FUSION 4, Deadline 1st July, Out in September, 10 pages Deviants part 1 (Reminder to self- try to post sketches)

-MARTIN EDEN'S THE O MEN ANTHOLOGY, Deadline 1st September, out in October, 4/5 pages art, FRENZY with Leon Hewitt

-REDEYE 3, Deadline 1st August, out in September, editing the whole damn thing

-R-E-G, Deadline 1st August, 8 pages painted art, out sometime after hopefully, with Leon Hewitt

-UNNAMED FILM, concept art/production design, various, Deadline 1st August

-IF I HADN'T SEEN THE SUN, for DOGBREATH, 10 pages art, Deadline 1st September, out in October, with Leon Hewitt

-GULLIVER BRIMSTONE, for AX JUDA EARTH, 8 pages art and script, Deadline 1st September, out October with Scott Claringbold.

-TITAN CITY BOOK ONE, for myself, 50 pages art, deadline 1st February 05, out May 05, with Gary Simpson.

BACKBURNER WAITING ON DEADLINES: Fandom Five project (B5/SW/KC/DW/ST), Gethsemane project, pre-PORTRAIT OF A MUTANT project, LOTR project...

I'll have to see how that cloning project I have on the go is progressing...

The above is just a list of stuff I'm supposed to be drawing for my own diary, I tend to forget things quite quickly, and not taking into account editing the usual stuff. I need minions.

Anyway- the AUK hubsite is virtually finished with the big update thanks to the tireless efforts of D; we've been focusing on AUK for the last few weeks with RE2 and PIRATES out, but soon we'll be updating ENGINE as well in July, time for F4 out in September, so be sure to forward us some preview art Garen for RAINBOW ORCHID BOOK 2!!
In the meantime go to and have a look for the hidden easter egg features in the PIRATES section, view the slideshows from the London UKWEBCOMIXTHING and DAN DARE expo and let us know what you think.

8 comments:

NewhampshireMan12 said...

Download Free Greeting Card

Brian said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a create list mailing site/blog. It pretty much covers create list mailing related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Brian said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a email free marketing site/blog. It pretty much covers email free marketing related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Infactahost.com said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a promotional advertising site/blog. It pretty much covers promotional advertising related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

clandis said...

Considering account bank free swiss ? You'd do better by checking out Fee Free Bank .com . At least a $25 bonus for opening a new account, with bonuses as high as $1,500 ! You save more and get a higher interest rate to make YOUR money work for YOU.

2003 cable dbs market share said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.

If you have a moment, please visit my site:
2003 cable dbs market share
It covers 2003 cable dbs market share related stuff.
All the best!

20042buk market travel world said...

Hi Baz! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!

If you have a moment, please take a look at my site:
2005 311 dont retail tread
It covers 2005 311 dont retail tread related stuff.
Have a great day!

2004 business mba ranking week said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.

If you have a moment, please visit my site:
.com business hosting small web
It covers .com business hosting small web related stuff.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.